OCup Racing Program
Focusing on developing of racing skills in Alpine Ontario - Ontario Cup (replaces Division 1) and FIS for U18 calendared races participating in SL, GS and speed events (SG) and have the opportunity to attend out of province camps and races.
Open to U14, U16 and U18/U21. The three groups would be combined as one team. Dedicated coaches to train athletes and attend races.
Training program outline:
- 9 weekend sessions (18 days) + Friday Escarpment (9) + Wednesday night (9) + 5 day Christmas Camp (41 days)
- Longer training days from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Wednesday night, Friday, Saturday & Sunday training. Some Thursday training may be required. If so additional fees would be required.
- 9 Fridays at an escarpment Club (Alpine, Devils Glenn or TSC)
- Dryland training program
- Athlete fitness testing (York University or Podium Performance in Newmarket)
- Focusing on SL, GS and SG
More highlights of the program:
- 45 plus days on snow;
- Time commitment from both athlete/parent and club;
- Pre-season camp at Panorama with 3 coaches. Extra cost;
- Ontario Cup race fees are extra;
- Extra races at NOD Series Mealy Classic (Searchmont), Gooch Cup and Matawa SL Derby;
- Some week day races;
- U18/U21 may purchase a National card, Provincial FIS card or a National FIS card and compete in local FIS race
- Etransfer payments to "firstname.lastname@example.org". Password is not required.
- Credit card with 3% fee added to program fee
- Payment Plan: $1000 deposit, 2nd payment $1000 on Oct 15, 3rd payment $1000 Nov 15